Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited (“PRANDA”) was founded in 1973 initially as Pranda Design Company Limited which was later officially renamed to Pranda Jewelry Limited on April 27, 1984. It had listed its ordinary shares on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on July 6, 1990 and converted into a Public Company Limited on June 3, 1994. Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited has currently registered capital of 410 million baht with 398.15 million baht paid up. Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited headquarters are located at No. 28 Soi Bangna -Trad 28, Bangna, Bangkok 10260
The Company is a manufacturer and distributor of genuine jewelry, currently one of Thailand’s major jewelry exporters with a customer base spanning the key regions of the world from North America, to Europe and Asia
Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited has a vision to become “Producer & Distributor of World Class Jewelry Brands” and has an established balanced management structure to achieve this aim as follows:-
Production Bases for affordable and quality jewelry products that meet economies of scale which bring about the appropriateness of the production cost and product quality. The Company has also well diversified its production risk by setting up seven production facilities in four countries including Thailand Indonesia Vietnam and China with production capacity of over 8. 23 million pieces a year to cover a wide range of product prices.
Design and Product Development Base handled by highly skilled and creative designer team and world-class skilled model makers who are in charge of developing the product designs for leading brands of customers and the Company’s own brands.
Distribution Bases The Company currently distributes through its subsidiaries and agents both in Thailand and foreign countries to diversify the marketing risk and to expand the market base. The current distribution base covers key regions around the world e.g. the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Indonesia, Japan, China, Vietnam, India and Thailand. Types of distribution channel include distributors, retailers, modern trades, own-retail shops, and franchise business.
Brand Development Base Responsible for the development of the Company’s own brands and licensed brands including marketing planning, and brand management, as well as strategic planning with the objective to increase value and maximize the brand equity for brands under Pranda Group.
- Commenced export trading operations under "Pranda Design"
- Expanded business by establishing production base and changed company name to "Pranda Jewelry"
- Pranda registered and traded on the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) under trading symbol "Pranda"
- Invested in setting up production base under "Crystaline Co., Ltd."
- Expanded business by establishing its own production base to tap foreign markets under "Pranda North America, Inc. and H. Gringoire s.a.r.l.
- Established product and brand development center under "Prima Gold" and domestic distribution launched
- Expanded production base to Nakhon Ratchasima and distribution base in foreign country under "Pranda UK"
- Expanded foreign production base under "Pranda Vietnam" and "Pranda SCL"
- Set up Pranda Singapore Pte. Limited to invest in Malaysia and Indonesia
- Invested in establishing Pranda Lodging Company Limited to provide accommodation services to the company's employees
- The company awarded The Prime Minister Award for the Best Exporter from the Department of Export Promotion, the Commerce Ministry
- To expand foreign market under "Prima Gold International" and co-invested in LG Pranda (now operated under the name of KZ-Pranda) to import and distribute silver and gold products.
- The company was awarded the Gold Card exporter from the Customs Department, Finance Ministry.
- The Company offered 200,000,000 units of the five-year warrants (2 May, 2002 to 2007) to existing shareholders
- Expanded production base to China under "Pranda Guangzhou"
Increased investment in Primagold International Company Limited by 50 million baht raising the registered capital to 100 million baht in which the company takes 100% stake.
The company awarded The Prime Minister Award for the Best Exporter (Export Honorary Recognition) from Department of Export Promotion, Commerce Ministry as the Thai exporter with robust growth for 10 consecutive years.
Primagold International Company Limited distributed gold jewelry with 96.5% purity under "Century Gold'' brand with the first retail outlet opened at the Mall Department Store, Bangkhae. The outlet expanded to seven branches within the same year.
The company raised its investment in Crystaline Company Limited by 50 million baht to 100 million baht. The company held 96% stake in Crystaline.
Primagold International Company Limited signed joint venture deal with Tomei Gold & Jewelry Holding to distribute "Prima Gold'' products in Malaysia.
Primagold International Company Limited signed deal to appoint Mr. Citan Davi to handle marketing and distribution of "Prima Gold" products in India.
Primagold International Company Limited operates 48 retail outlets in the country and 35 outlets in international market. In total, the company operates 90 distribution channels.
Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited joined with Mr Kroll in joint venture at a shareholding ratio of 51:49 to set up "Pranda & Kroll GmbH & Co. KG" in Germany to distribute gold and silver jewelry products in Germany and Europe.
- Primagold International launch “ Siam Panarai” for design leader and received "The Hot Design Award" 37th Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair
- Pranda & Kroll launch “caï”, Inhorgenta Fair at Munic, Germany.
Pranda Jewelry Plc, has selected to the one in four of the sufficiency organization by the office of the National Economics and Social Development Board.
- PRANDA SCL expanded capacities to respond the overseas demand from 450 worker to 700 worker.
The Company was awarded the “first runner-up” award from participating in the work performance competition under the Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy for large-scaled enterprises which run their business according to the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy organized by the Office of The Royal Development Projects Board of the Prime Minister’s Office.
The Company increased its investment in PrimaGold International Company Limited by 100 million baht, raising PrimaGold International’s registered and paid-up capital to 200 million baht. Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited controls 100% in PrimaGold International.
The Company raised the investment in Pranda & Kroll GmbH & Co. KG Limited by 2.4 million euros or about 116 million baht, raising Pranda & Kroll GmbH & Co. KG’s registered and paid-up capital to 5.34 million euros. Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited holds 51% in the venture.
Pranda & Kroll GmbH & Co. KG has taken over KSV Brand GmbH, which operates the distribution of jewelry products under Christ, Cai, Merri, and Michael Schumacher brands.
Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited has formed a joint venture with Gunjan Jewels Pvt. Ltd., to set up “Pranda Jewelry Pvt. Ltd.” In India to distribute the gold and silver jewelry under its own brand in India. Pranda Jewelry Public Company Ltd. holds 51% of the shares.
Pranda Jewelry Public Company Limited won Thai Labor Standard award (TLS 8001-2003) from the Department of Labor Protection and Welfare, the Ministry of Labor.
Primagold International Company Limited, the distributor of pure gold jewelry products under “PRIMA GOLD” brand won the “Hot 2007 Award” at the 38th Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair.
Received a trophy from Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kachornprasart on occasion that the Company has been acclaimed by the Department of Labor Protection and Welfare as the establishment which complies with the government's policy in promoting labor welfare by establishing standardized child care centre at the enterprise on continuous basis. The trophy given aims to set a good example to other corporations.
Received certificates and a shield of honor at ``68 years of Thai vocational education going forward to the future'' event from Deputy Education Minister Narisara Chawaltanpipat on occasion that the Company has been chosen as the establishment which offers good cooperation with authorities from the Office of Vocational Education Commission in preparing educational and occupational training.
The annual general meeting of shareholders had approved the issuance of Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP) in amount of 14,251,410 units which would be contributed for free to Directors and employees of the Company and/or subsidiaries. The warrants carry five year terms from the issue date with the exercise ratio equivalent to 1 warrant to 1 common share. The exercise price is three baht per share.
The company has set up the savings co-operatives for employees in Pranda group as a way to provide various financial services and promote savings among employees.
Crystaline Co., Ltd. has obtained the copyright of V&A jewelry brand from England-based Victoria & Albert Museum (V&A), the world's largest museum of decorative arts, design and jewelry products.
The company has raised investment in Guangzhou Pangda Zhubao Shoushi Yiuxian Gongsi for US$1.5 million, increasing the China subsidiary registered capital to US$2.35 million, representing 100% ownership.
Pranda Jewelry Plc., received a shield of honor at International Day of Persons with Disabilities for the private ventures which support occupational opportunities for the disabled from Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva who has also presided over the event.
Scoring ``Excellent'' (four stars) rating for Annual General Shareholders Meeting (AGM) Assessment Program for two years in a row in 2008 and 2009. The assessment program has been held by the Office of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Thai Investors Association, and Thai Listed Companies Association. The AGM is one of many components reflecting listed companies' awareness of good corporate governance implementation.
Scoring ``Very Good'' (four stars) rating in the Corporate Governance Report of Thai Listed Companies 2009 prepared by the Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD), which evaluates the good corporate governance practices of the listed companies.
Having been nominated among one of the four listed companies in the Stock Exchange of Thailand with market capitalization of not over 10,000 million baht (Group 2) in contest for Corporate Social Responsibility Awards 2009.
Pranda & Kroll GmbH & Co, the Company's subsidiary has entered into a license agreement with Baldessarini GmbH, the leader in men's jewelry and accessories from Germany under Baldessarini brand.
The Company received a recognition of being “Excellent” from the Securities and Exchange Commission, in cooperation with the Thai Listed Companies Association, and the Thai Investors Association which held an AGM checklist to assess the AGM held in 2010.
- The Company received “very good” recognition (four stars) of Corporate Governance Report of Thai Listed Companies 2010 from the Thai Institute of Directors.
- The Company received the logo of The Buy with Confidence project from the Gem and Jewelry Business Development Committee of Thailand, the Ministry of Commerce which emphasized the standard and confidence of Thailand’s gems and jewelry business toward local and foreign buyers.
- The Company received a recognition of being “Excellent and being a good example” from the Securities and Exchange Commission, in cooperation with the Thai Listed Companies Association, and the Thai Investors Association which held an Annual General Meeting (AGM) checklist to assess the AGM held in 2011.
- The Company received “very good” recognition (four stars) of Corporate Governance Report of Thai Listed Companies 2011 from the Thai Institute of Directors (IOD).
- The Company received an honor trophy of the business sector which provided career support to the disabled from the Office of Welfare Promotion, Protection and Empowerment of Vulnerable Groups, the National Office for Empowerment for Persons with Disability, in cooperation with the Council of Persons with Disabilities of Thailand Association. Today, PRANDA has supported all persons with all kinds of disabilities, totaling 31 persons, accounting for 60 to 1 which is higher than the regulated law of 100 to 1.
- The Company had signed an (MOU) of “The gems and jewelry personnel development project” with the Golden Jubilee Royal Goldsmith College, King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok to support project operation with the fund of Baht 54 million for 7 years from 2011 – 2017 in order to provide an opportunity for poor students to pursue the Bachelor of Fine Art program in Royal Goldsmith, majoring in gems and jewelry design.
- The Company received the CREATIVE AWARD 2011 from the contest of “The Extreme colors of Ploi” which was organized by the Department of Export Promotion, the Ministry of Commerce and the Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association.
PRIMA GOLD received the PM’s Creative Award’s Function Creations as it produced products from creativity and variety of components which include culture and innovation to increase product value and services, leading to economic growth development with sustainability.
- The Company’s Nakorn Raschasrima plant received the Excellent Labor Relation and Welfare Award 2011. It was the second time that the Company received such an honorable award.
- Saving cooperative of the employees of PRANDA received recognition of “A” in terms of administration standard following 7 standard indices from Cooperative Promotion Department.
- The Company has invested in establishing a new subsidiary in China, “Pranda Trading (Shenzhen) Limited”, a registered capital is USD 2 million or about Baht 61 million for retail jewelry business in China.
- Pranda UK Limited, the Company’s subsidiary has invested in PDU (UK) Co., Ltd, which operates retail jewelry business through E-Commerce. It is 100% owned by Pranda UK Limited.
- The Company has received “Manufacturer of The Year” award from Jewelry News Asia (JNA). The JNA Awards is an industry-wide event that honours and recognises excellence and achievement in the jewelry and gemstone trade in Asia.
- The Company received the Excellent Labor Relation and Welfare Award 2012 from the Department of Labor Protection and Welfare, the Ministry of Labor for headquarters (Bangkok) and Nakhon Ratchasima branch.
- The Company received a recognition of being “Excellent” from the Securities and Exchange Commission, in cooperation with the Thai Listed Companies Association, and the Thai Investors Association which held an Annual General Meeting (AGM) checklist to assess the AGM held in 2012.
- The Company received “very good” recognition (four stars) of Corporate Governance Report of Thai Listed Companies 2012 from the Thai Institute of Directors (IOD).
- The Company received an honor certificate from Thai Red Cross Society, for being a cooperative organization to provide blood donors to National Blood Centre more than 14 years.
- The Company received an honor certificate, for being a good model to support educational work of the Ministry of Education on an anniversary of 120 years of Ministry of Education Day.
- The Company received “Tara Award” from Sathien Dhamma Sathan, for the organization which making merit and goodness for society.